Thursday, June 23, 2011

Long Run from Casisang to Imbayao (Malaybalay City)


My friends and I took advantage of the holiday last Monday, June 20, 2011, and went for a long run to Imbayao, an interior barangay in my hometown Malaybalay City, Bukidnon. We started at NHA Phase 3 Subdivision in Barangay Casisang and went uphill through muddy, dirt roads since it rained the day before. We are actually preparing for the upcoming Run for the Forests which will be held this Sunday, June 26. We went for the long run to build up our endurance and also familiarize ourselves with the race route.

I took my point-and-shoot along with me and these are some of the pictures I took along the way:

 The wet and muddy trail

Running in between trees and Dole banana plantation

A clear view of the Mount Kitanglad Range

The refreshing mountain view from behind.

Barangay Imbayao is home to a number poultry breeder farms.

Another view of Mount Kitanglad as seen from Barangay Imbayao

Rolling hills and corn fields

Del Monte Pineapple Plantation

On our way back, we took a side trip inside the Dole banana plantation to the left side of the road since spraying of chemicals is being done on the opposite side. What a bummer! Well, at least, we got to experience running inside a banana plantation even for just a few hundred meters.

Running back to our starting point in NHA Phase 3 Subdivision

It was a good, long run which lasted for about 1 hour and 20 minutes. It did not only help us prepare for the upcoming run, it also gave me glimpses of the other side of my hometown. I am really grateful that I recently got hooked on running. It keeps my body healthy and at the same time allows me to explore places I would have not discovered if I have been sitting on my couch all day.



3 comments:

  1. beautiful! i wanna relocate to bukidnon now na!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooaah... !!!! amazing ang long run! .. I wanna join..Hehe

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...