Sunday, September 16, 2012

Morning Snapshots: Poblacion, Lantapan, Bukidnon


I got the chance to visit the town of Lantapan recently when I joined the Dole District C Fun Run last week.  Though I've been to this first class municipality of Bukidnon a few times before, it was only during this recent visit that I was able to take a closer look of the town center.

 Lantapan Plaza viewed from its skating rink

Outside the municipal gymnasium

It was early in the morning when we arrived and the weather was really cold. Lantapan, a landlocked area, is situated in a high elevation bounded by the mountain ranges of Kalatungan and Kitanglad. Since the fun run was held outside the municipal gymnasium, I was able to check out the town plaza and the municipal hall which are just a few steps away. 

Lantapan Municipal Hall:



A beautiful kiosk in the town plaza:


A Dr. Jose Rizal statue stands in front of a tall, obelisk-like structure. This is the most beautiful Rizal monument I've seen so far in the whole province. 


From the town plaza, the Kalatungan Range and Mount Dulangdulang (part of the Kitanglad range) are very visible. As the sun rises, the mountains' colors morphed from blue to golden orange to green. It was a beautiful sight which got me wondering when can I summit its peaks.

 Kalatungan mountain range

 Mount Dulangdulang

The fun run gun start fired off at around 6 am. Lantapan's up-and-down roads turned out to be a tough and challenging route but I loved the experience of being able to run for the first time in this town.

Location map of Lantapan, Bukidnon from wikipedia.org:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...